THE STUDENT EXPERIENCE - INTERN CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES (the “Contest”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. TO ENTER: Beginning at Noon am EST Monday April 24, 2017, (a) write a 500 words or less essay about why live music and art is important to you and society and how your Bright Futures Scholarship has enhanced your college experience in a positive way and (b) submit the essay along with your full name, address, telephone number with area code, and email address (collectively, the “Entry” or “Entries”) to email@example.com. Contest details can be found at www.thestudentexp.com/festival-intern-contest/. All Entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm EST Thursday April 27, 2017.
Entries must be original, suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene, indecent, or offensive)), must not violate or
infringe the rights of any third party, and must not have been submitted in other contests or been previously published. Sponsor is not responsible
for malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer hardware or software; for lost, late, illegible, stolen, damaged, incomplete or misdirected Entries; or for any other technical problems related
to website entries. Limit one Entry per person and/or email address. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
Any costs in connection with creation and submission of an Entry shall be borne solely by the entrant.
As a condition of participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees that: (a) no confidential or fiduciary relationship is established by submitting a Entry to Sponsor; and (b) any Entry submitted to Sponsor shall not be returned to the entrant; and such Entry shall become the property of Sponsor or its designee. Upon submission of any Entry and as a condition of participating in the Contest, each Entry and all copyright rights (including, but not limited to, moral rights), patent rights, trade secret rights, trademark rights (and rights to goodwill appurtenant thereto), trade dress rights, merchandising rights, and all other intellectual property rights therein will be automatically and irrevocably assigned to and owned exclusively by Sponsor or its designee, except where prohibited by law. The Entrant acknowledges that the foregoing rights, titles and interests vesting in, transferred to, or assigned to Sponsor or its designee hereunder include the sole and exclusive right to display, sell, and otherwise exploit the Entry and any derivative works by any means. Sponsor reserves all rights, including the right to edit, adapt, modify, or otherwise use or not use Entry, the concepts embodied therein or any elements thereof, in any other media for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation or notification to entrant, except as prohibited by law. Sponsor shall have the sole and exclusive right to determine, at its sole and absolute discretion, all matters regarding the method, manner, and extent of use of the Entry.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal Florida State residents of the U.S. who are recipients of a Bright Futures Scholarship, 18 years or older, and who are pursuing studies in music, other fine arts or event managment. Students must be currently attending school in Jacksonville or St. Augustine, Florida as a Bright Futures Scholarship recipient during the 2017-2018 academic school year. Florida State Lottery and Danny Wimmer Presents, LLC and their respective affiliates and subsidiaries, and each of their advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of prizes, material, and services related to this Contest and each of their officers, directors, employees, and agents ("Collectively referred to as Sponsor and its agents") and members of their immediate families and people living in the same household of each are not eligible.
3. WINNER SELECTION: The judging period begins at 12:00:01 am EST Thursday April 27, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 PM EST Thursday April 27, 2017. Sponsor or its designee, the judge of the contest, shall select the winner based on the following criteria: thesis and thesis statement (50%) and organization, support and development of ideas, insight into subject, clarity, style and mechanics (50%). The decisions of Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to the contest. The winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release from liability which must be received by Sponsor within 14 days of the date on the notification, or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Winner will be notified by email or by a phone call on or about August 7, 2017. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
4. PRIZE: 1 Grand Prize: The winner will have the chance to participate in a weekend-long Monster Energy Welcome To Rockville Internship experience, working closely with The Music Experience and The Student Experience team at the “Welcome to Rockville” music festival that shall be held on April 29-April 30, 2017 in Jacksonville, Florida. The internship will also include a backstage tour, with hands-on experience to learn about the daily activities and variety of careers at one of the top music festivals in the United States (ARV $200.00). Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes applicable to the acceptance and use of his/her prize. All prizes claimed in accordance with these Official Rules will be awarded. No prize substitutions or cash equivalents, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable. Limit of one prize per person, household or address. All rights in the essay and all proceeds received from its sale are and shall remain Sponsor’s sole and exclusive property.
5. GENERAL: By entering, entrants agree to: (a) release Sponsor and its agents from all liability, injuries, loss and/or damage of any kind arising from their participation in the Contest and the acceptance, possession and use/misuse of the prize; (b) agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and/or the judges; and (c) give his or her express permission to be contacted by Sponsor by email, mail or phone. By submitting an Entry, entrant agrees that if entrant is the winner of the Contest Sponsor shall have the right to photograph, film and record entrant at the Event and in connection with winner’s internship activities and that Sponsor may use, broadcast and distribute such photographs, film and recordings in any manner in Sponsor’s sole discretion for no additional fees; and that Sponsor shall own such photos, film and recordings as “works-made-for-hire” under the United States Copyright Act or, if not works-made-for-hire, then entrant shall irrevocably assign or cause its employees, agents, guests or subcontractors to irrevocably assign to Sponsor all such right, title and interest. Further, by submitting an Entry, entrant consents to the use of his/her name, image, photograph, voice, place of residence, statements regarding the prize and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation in all media. To be declared a winner and prior to receiving the prize, entrants must agree to sign an affidavit to such effect. The winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes applicable to the acceptance and use of his/her prize. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is governed by laws of the United States and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
6. REMOVAL FROM FUTURE MAILINGS: To have your name and address removed from Sponsor’s future sweepstakes and contest mailings, please send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. WINNERS' LIST: For a list of winners of prizes valued at $25 or more, please send your request to: email@example.com. All requests must be received by September 1, 2017.
SPONSOR: Florida Lottery and Danny Wimmer Presents, LLC